- Education Convener, responsible for selecting and organizing 20 classes each year, and registering members into classes they select.
- Teacher, Website Administrator, former Publicity Co-ordinator.
- Teller, Website Administrator, Advertising Co-ordinator.
- Knitting (studying for Knitting Masters)
- Singing (passed Advanced Rudiments of Theory exam; studying for Voice Grade 6)
- Shorthand (40 words per minute, which is pitifully slow)
- Computers (including simple website design and maintenance)
Canada Alloy Castings, Quality Assurance Manager, 1994-1997
- Researched, improved, documented, and maintained QA system. Achieved ISO-9002 registration.
- Reviewed contracts and related specifications for 20 to 20,000 pound steel castings, custom-made for pulp and paper, and hydro-electric plants. Approved shop instructions and final QA documentation to ensure we would meet the customers’ requirements. Contacted customers when necessary for clarification or contract changes.
- Received, researched, and resolved customer complaints, focusing on customer using the casting with minimal delay, and then prevention of similar problems where possible.
- Audited suppliers and hosted customer audits. coordinated all non-standard testing and documentation.
Safety-Kleen Canada, Shipping and Receiving Secretary and Assistant to the Health and Safety Manager (Contract position through Kelly Services.) 1992-1993
- Coordinated the Shipping and Receiving Department.
- Improved interdepartmental communication, which reduced last-minute scheduling changes for finished oil delivery.
- Updated and maintained WHMIS database and training records.
Engineering Co-op Student, University of Waterloo, 1986-1991
Variety of student engineering projects in different companies, including:
- Programmed new controllers for steel heat treating and carburizing.
- Coordinated review of Safety Report for Bruce B Nuclear Station.
- Automated calibration, collection and analysis of X-Ray diffraction and electron micro-probe data.
- Wrote program for advanced process control lab assignment, using event loop programming in Basic. We were the only team that did not have to stop the control program to change the control settings.
Girl Guides of Canada
- Leader, Waterloo Pathfinders, 1991-1998
- Junior Leader, graduating to Site Guider in Charge, Camp Woolsey, 1984-1986
- Junior Leader, several Brownie and Guide Units, 1981-1986
- Camp Leadership Certificate (Canvas, 1987), and Leadership Development Plan Phase 2 (1993)
Education and Licences
- P.Eng. Ontario Licence, 1998, currently on indefinite parental leave.
(Websites, storytelling, and knitting are not covered by my license.
Legally I need to make that clear.)
- B.A.Sc., Chemical Engineering, 1991, University of Waterloo